Addiction to drugs and alcohol wreak havoc on the lives of many, impacting their health, friends, family, and jobs. But in spite of these costs, people continue in their addiction for years on end. That’s just how powerful addiction is. But even if an addiction has lasted months or years, it is not a life sentence. Even a powerful addiction can be overcome with proper help and support. Deciding to seek help is the first step–but where to go from there can feel overwhelming. When you search for “drug rehab near me,” you may find that there are so many treatment options that you don’t know where to start. The truth is, there is not one right choice. Different people have different needs, and what works well for one person might not be the right choice for someone else. Before choosing the treatment approach for you, take the time to investigate your options.
How To Decide Between Outpatient and Inpatient Drug Rehab in Florida
The first factor to consider when searching for drug rehab in Florida is whether to seek outpatient or inpatient treatment. Both choices can be effective, but what will work for you?
- Outpatient treatment: You will continue to live at home during treatment. If you are still in school or working, you may continue to attend, though some people use the Family Medical Leave Act to take time off to focus on recovery. If you live with family, you will continue to live with them. You may continue to socialize when you are not in treatment.
- Inpatient treatment: You will live in a residential treatment facility to completely focus on recovery. This stay can be as short as 30 days for short-term treatment or 90 days or longer for more long-term care. You need to take a leave of absence from work or school during this time. You will not live with your family or socialize regularly with outside friends.
You need to examine which of these options fits better into your life. In-patient rehab is more disruptive than outpatient rehab and is generally more expensive, although many insurance companies offer coverage for drug and alcohol rehab. Inpatient rehab has a higher rate of success because of the complete removal from daily life and all of its accompanying stressors. Separating yourself from caring from your family, work or school commitments, and social obligations gives you the opportunity to fully commit yourself to recovery. It also removes you from temptations and triggers that may be a part of your routine.
What To Consider When Searching for Drug Rehab in Florida
There are other factors to consider besides whether to choose inpatient or outpatient rehab. Other important factors include:
- Personalized Approach: Addiction is a disease that runs a different course in different people. Choose a rehab facility that creates a customized treatment for you to meet your specific needs.
- Counseling Options: Therapy is a crucial aspect of recovery from addiction. Working with a counselor one-on-one can help you to understand why you turned to drugs or alcohol in the first place, and help you to develop coping skills to handle life without substance abuse. Family therapy can help to heal the damage to others caused by your addiction. Group therapy can help you to draw support from others in recovery. Choose a rehab center with multiple counseling options.
- Medical Treatment: It is critical to undergo detox and withdrawal under medical supervision, so select a facility with trained medical staff. Even after detox, medical care is important. You may require medication to treat co-occurring disorders such as depression or anxiety.
- Holistic Health: While treating the addiction is important, addiction is just one part of the whole person. Full recovery relies on healing the entire person, body and soul. Many rehab facilities offer complementary therapies, such as yoga, reiki, meditation, or art therapy, for holistic healing.
- Environment: Choose a location that speaks to you. A treatment center that is removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life can offer you a peaceful respite that is ideal for healing.
If you are looking for “drug rehab near me,” consider Blu By The Sea.
We offer a holistic approach to inpatient drug rehab in an idyllic beach environment. Enjoy our tranquil location, removed from the stresses of jobs and family, while fully focusing on your recovery. We offer individual, group, family therapy, and medical support for a traditional approach to recovery. In addition, we have a range of services aimed at holistic health, including art and spa therapy, yoga, nutritional counseling, and much more. If you or someone you love struggles with addiction, call us today.